When i first saw this picture on facebook, i knew i wanted to do it, but i had no idea where it was. Minneapolis, Minnesota underground FYI. Minnesota sounds like such a boring state, but hmm.. seems like im gonna have to take a trip there sometime. :)
Friday, January 17, 2014
Wednesday, January 1, 2014
I know ive neglected to do a lot of the things on my bucket list, but i need that to change. I guess you could take that sort of like a new years resoution: carpe diem. Thats the heme of this entire blog, and i need to live up to it. Since the Buried Life project began in late September of 2012, i have managed to complete only 16 items. This year (2014) I beleieve i can manage about 18 items:
- Walk all of the Hollywood walk of fame - Ive spent a LOT of time in Holywood, being that i have a lot of family that lives there, yet ive never done the entire walk. Sure ive done stretches of it, but not the ENTIRE thing. Im sure i could manage to finally do it, either by the end of january, or maybe this summer.
- Try all 31 Baskin Robins flavors - I usually stay within 6 flavors at BR, i kinda wanna expand my horizons though. So by this summer, im dragging my friends to get a 2 tiny scoops every other day until we we try them ALL.
- Take the trollley - Ive seen the trolley in San Fernando a few times, and its like the cutest little thing ever. It reminds me of Mr. Rogers, so ive wanted to try it. My friend Luz has tried it, apparently its only a quarter to ride :D My aunt wants to try it too, so might as well :)
- Speak in a British accent for a whole day - Its something liseli and i have wanted to try. We can do it for a couple hours, but then we forget, or we just stop. This year though, for sure we have to do it!
- Ride a ferris wheel - im still scared of heights, but my friend Lilly and i are gonna go together (this summer hopefully) since its on both of our lists.
- Obtain a 4.0 GPA - ive done this once before, in 6th grade at the 5 week progress report. Recently i came close, with a 3.79 (4 As, 1 A-, 1 B) so i really think i could do it. All i need to do is actually complete my little chinese projects, some homework, and im good. Hopefully for the 5 week this semester i can do it, but if not i'll keep trying all semester.
- Order something off Jamba Juice's secret menu - ive gone to jamba juice a couple times, but.. well ive chickened out. its like " ...ehhh, maybe not all of them have all the items.. what if they dont know what im talking about? thatll be AWKWARD." O_O but no, i have to do it ths year, i'll just drag someone with me xp
- Keep a daily diary for at least a year - well i started today, i just have to remember to do it every day :)
- Learn morse code - its just dots and dashes, how hard could it be to learn right? well, i'll see..
- Learn Archery - i didnt end up going to the park to try it out last may, i actually ended up in arizona at my uncles HS Graduation, then the grand canyon.. Sooo obviously that didnt work, but i guess we all have to try it again
- Learn how to play chess - my uncle josh kinda knows, so do a couple of my friends, so i can learn from them. if not, i'll just try learning online.
- Learn the language of flowers - im gonna aim for a letter a week, so i should be done by june. Even without liseli, because well, that didnt quite ork out well, shes busy with AP work, and she doesnt learn all that quickly.. So i shall try with her, but if not, then on my own i shall be.
- Have a Twin day with Twin - My Twin ( not my real twin) have tried for years to have a twin day. Cristal and I are born on the same day, an hour and 11 minutes apart. Teachers get us confused a lot, though we dont look all that similar, i mean, we kinda do, but not enough to confuse us. Anyway, since we already confuse people, might as well kick it up a notch. We wanna dress alike for a day, from head to toe. It should be interesting, and we're gonna make it a point to cross this item off both our lists.
- Get a caricature done of myself - They have a little flee market sort of thing at the Northridge Mall on wednesdays outside the macys parkinglot. I went sometime during my summer vacation before junior year and i saw the caricature guy across from the pony rides, but i was too hesitant to go, so i just didnt. My aunt ended up going again after then and got one done, so now i really wanna do it too, i just avent gone back recently, but i will for sure!
- Create my own custom font - I found a website i think once that would let me make my own font by printing out their sheet of paper first. the papers had all 26 letters, uppercase and lowercase, numbers 0-9, and symbols as well. i was to copy down all of those into their designated little boxes then scan the pages and my font ould be created. I did everything, but my scanner asnt working, so i never got to finih.. i will though, soon..
- Attend an actual football game - Being that i don't go to a normal school, we dont have a football team :( no football team means no games. So ive never been to a legit football game and ive alays wanted to, so im gonna find a friend from another school to go with :)
- Bake a cake from scratch - Well, ive done cakes out of the box, but i really wanna try it from scratch. I think its cool like have to get all dirty and put in actual work to make the cake rather than pouring in mix with other ingredients to mix. I hadnt didnt do it last year since i really dont bake that often anymore, and besides that i absolutely utmost positively HATE dishes, but i'll look past that for this little experiment.
- Finish Mickeys's Masterpeice and get another pin from the Disney Soda Fountain - ive had a couple attempts to go, or almost-chances, but it never works out, but this year FOR SURE i'll go.